Sunday 3 December 2000

Week 28 - Blue Sky is Always There

I was on retreat in north Wales. It had rained for several
days and the cloud hung heavy, shrouding the mountains
of Snowdonia. As I was doing walking practice outside I
raised my eyes to the sky and the dark clouds parted. A
bright blue streak of sky was visible for a moment before
being covered by cloud once more. In that moment I was
reminded that the sky is always blue, regardless of any
weather that might obscure it temporarily. Can we see
what happens to us as simply weather in our sky?

Describe the weather of your mood in this moment, right now, in words, pictures, images, or shapes. Don't think about it, just put down what comes to you in this moment, without trying to make sense of it.

Notice the language you are using and remember that weather is transient and ever-changing and so "low mood is here" is a more accurate "weather" description than "I am low" which feels fixed and permanent. Paying attention to the words you use can give helpful feedback. Experiment with how you describe your moods and notice how that makes you feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment